- Begin by stating your burning issue. What is the elephant in the room? In plain language tell everyone why you are all there.
- Tell everyone how the burning issue came to be. What’s the background or history on the issue. Stick to facts and pair them with the emotional consequences that are a result of the situation as it is.
- Give a solution or idea to the problem. If you’ve got examples or mock-ups show them to the group.
- Tell everyone what they have to do to put the solution into action and make it a reality.
- Now tell them the benefit and the payoff they will get for implementing your solution.
That’s all there is to making your meetings shorter, sweeter and more productive.
If you’ve got Quick Tips you’d like to share,?eMail them to [email protected] Don’t stop there, if you’ve got articles or videos with quick tips or even questions, send them along too.