Last Updated on by
The days of Star Trek are finally here. For your Friday entertainment, I ran across this fun article that goes over a list of 10 Star Trek Inspired devices that are in use today.
With so many new devices and applications hitting the streets at record speeds, you might be wondering how to put some of these new devices to marketing use.
In my latest OpenForum article, I discuss 6 Ways to Use Mobile Devices to get and keep customers. Here’s a short list for you:
- Generate a 2-dimensional QR code and engage your customers and contacts with coupons or incentives.
- Get Paid. There are apps for that. I use a PayPal app on my Android device that does the trick nicely.
- Run Surveys – Ask a Panel. Surveys can be FUN ! Why not run your next survey using SurveySwipe mobile survey platform. It’s super easy. You can ask an existing panel to answer questions OR you can upload your customer list and create your own panel.
- Customer Service. Most CRM systems like SalesForce.com have customer service apps that will allow you to help your customers on site. You can also create an app just for your customers and deliver service on the fly.
- Education and Training. YouTube is mobile – why not deliver demonstrations, training and education via mobile phone?
- Advertising. This one is obvious, but can get overwhelming because there are so many options. Use text messaging with Fanminder, offer alerts so that your customers can receive specials and offers straight to their device.