A good marketing strategy for small businesess is comprised of various components; newsletters, blogging, advertisements, social media, public relations, you name it. However, in today’s fast-paced society, those strategies may need to overlap. One good example is social media and public relations. Social media platforms offer tons of potential benefits for improving PR strategies. Which is why small business owners should take advantage of these benefits and use social media to advance their respective public relations campaigns.
Our guest today is Ancita Satija, she’s the host of the popular international Twitter Chat #SocialPowWow which runs Thursdays 10:30 am ET. When she’s not tweet chatting, she’s the senior account manager at Cohn & Wolfe Six Degrees PR Consultants.
Listen as we discuss the importance and power of social media in today’s world and how you can incorporate public relations in social media.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Traditional PR Before the Age of Social Media
- Difference Between PR and Social Media
- Ways Small Businesses Can Use PR in Their Social Media
- Planning Out a Social Media Strategy That Incorporates PR
- How to Use a PR in the Age of Social Media
- Starting a Conversation With an Influencer, Journalist or Publication
- How to Use Social Media as a PR Tool
“Social media is just an extension of PR.”
“Both of these (social media and PR) things go hand-in-hand.”
“Your story remains the same but how you say it is your choice.”
“If you are a small business, you might also look at freelance PR professionals.”
Links and Resources Mentioned:
Ancita on Twitter, @ancitasatija